Making your own spice blends at home is easy to do, tastes better, and saves you from spending a lot of money on prepared spice blends. And, since so many of today’s recipes call for spices, you’ll find yourself making a spice blend to go with just about everything.
Spice blends are great for adding variety to your dishes. They’re easy to make, and you can play around with the spices to make a specific blend for a specific dish. However, some blends can be a little intimidating to make. For example, you need to have the exact measurements of the recipe, or else it won’t be as effective. That’s why we’ve put together this collection of spice blends that are quick and easy to make (no measuring required!).
You can add them to your existing spice rack or make your own blend to use in your dishes. Check out the following spice blends you can make quick and easy:
- Italian blend – Italian seasoning blends are some of the most popular in the kitchen today. They are used extensively in Italian cooking and are a popular option for making quick meals. They contain a combination of herbs and spices that have a similar flavor profile and are frequently used in a variety of recipes. Basically, this blend is a combination of three Italian spices, namely oregano (a herb), garlic, and basil. When you mix these three ingredients together, you get a very strong aroma.
- Taco Seasoning – is a blend of spices made to add flavor to Mexican cuisine. It is commonly used as a seasoning in tacos, burritos, nachos, quesadillas, and more. This recipe is a version of the Mexican Cookout Taco Seasoning blend, which uses a combination of cumin, salt, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Garlic chili blend – You can make a great tasting Garlic chili blend at home so you can make all of your favorite recipes at home. It is a blend of garlic powder, chili powder, brown sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, olive oil, cumin, and salt. It is commonly used for the purpose of spicy and flavorful dishes.
- Seasoned Salt – Seasoned Salt (or Seasoning Salt) is a mixture of various spices that are used as a flavor enhancer, seasoning, and preservative. Many people buy it pre-packaged, but making your own is easy, and you’ll know exactly what is going into it. You can make it yourself by adding all your favorite spices. It is usually made with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and other spices.
- Pumpkin spice blend – is a seasonal spice blend that blends pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove to give the dishes a delicious pumpkin taste. This spice blend can be used in everything from baking to soothing tummy aches.
- Dry Rub for BBQ – Dry rub, also known as a spice rub, is a sauce or seasoning made from spice blends that contain salt, sugar, and other seasonings. A dry rub is unique because dry rubs are more of a flavor enhancer than a recipe. This means that as long as you have the ingredients for a rub, you can put it together in any manner that you like. The flavors of the different ingredients come through, and the spices complement each other.
- Poultry Seasoning – If you want to spice up poultry without adding too much salt, then this is the perfect homemade poultry seasoning for you. This recipe includes fresh garlic, fresh onion, fresh thyme, and fresh rosemary.
- Greek seasoning – is a blend of dried herbs and spices that are commonly used as a condiment in Greek food. This seasoning includes oregano, basil, dill seed, thyme, and some bay leaf. It is always used on fish, meat, and vegetables. The mixture can be ground or used whole; it is usually mixed with olive oil. To make the blend, combine all of the ingredients for the herb blend in a blender and mix briskly. Store the blend in an airtight jar in a cool, dark place. Use the blend as a seasoning for soups, roasts, and grilled meats.
Spice Blends are a great way to spice up your dishes or add flavor to your drink without adding a lot of calories. After you make your blend, you can store it in an airtight glass jar or plastic bag for up to 6 months. We recommend you use it within a few weeks, so the flavors stay fresh.